Sunday, January 26, 2014

Projects!...Kinda.

We had an awesome crew out in Boulder Canyon yesterday. We spent the day at Castle Rock on some cool boulders. Most of the time was spent falling off of the dyno problem Cage Free (V11). If you know me, you know one of my biggest weaknesses is dynos. That makes me want to do it even more. It's been 2 sessions now and I can get my hand on the lip, but haven't been able to stick it yet. Nemesis project! SOOOOON!

Close isn't good enough on Cage Free [Photo P. Danko]


Then Kerrek and I checked out this line called Things Done Changed (V12). While it isn't much to look at, the movement and holds are amazing and I am super psyched on it. I did all the moves quickly, but the crimps are really sharp so I'll have to grow some skin back and try it again on Thursday if the weather holds out. New project!

Bearing down on Things Done Changed [Photo P. Danko]


Lastly, we checked out Koyananisquatsi and the low start Powaqquatsi. I sent Koy 3rd try with some great beta from Phillip London, then chilled for about 2 minutes and sent Pow first try. The given grades on these starts are V11 and V12 respectively, though Phil and I thought the high start was more like V10. The low start adds a short V5 boulder into the high start, which is certainly not V12, but could maybe be V11. The rock was good though and the moves were fun, so it is definitely a worthy boulder regardless of the grade.

Anyway, I am excited to get out and boulder more. I love having so many rocks close by.

No comments:

Post a Comment