Monday, November 3, 2014

Frustration Station

Prepare for an insignificant rant that may have no real world value to you, but may just be cathartic for me.

You've been warned...



AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I want to climb hard boulders faster!

Right now I either do a boulder in a handful of tries or it takes 2-3 days. I'm going to whine about that for a second.

It takes me so long to settle on proper beta and I always second guess myself. So by the time I finally figure out how I want to do a boulder my skin is shredded and seeping fluid like a geyser. It sucks. Then I have to go all the way back to wherever it was at a later date to finish the boulder. It sucks because boulders are far away, gas is expensive, and jobs generally require you to show up with relative frequency. I know I could accomplish more if I either got better at reading beta or figured out how to make my skin last longer.

If anyone knows skin sorcery secrets, let me know. I've tried everything I know of: All the salves in existence, hoof maker, working hands, badger balm, Anti-hydral, and pretty much everything else. Right now the only thing that works is Anti-hydral, but I have to use it 2-3 times a month to keep the puddin' tips at bay.

I'd love to get better at reading beta, but that would require me to climb outside more than once-a-week and that probably isn't going to happen.

I keep getting stronger and I know I could do harder boulders, I just need to find the time.

Whining over.

3 comments:

  1. I know you are not exactly having a performance issue, but this seems relevant:

    http://warriorsway.com/dealing-with-performance-anxiety-part-1/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check this out, might be useful:
    http://onlineclimbingcoach.blogspot.com/2015/01/hyperhidrosis-and-climbing.html

    ReplyDelete