Sunday, August 17, 2014

Lincoln Lake!




I have been spending most of my bouldering time at Lincoln Lake recently. While it isn't the best rock around, It really is a cool place. The boulders are very striking, with a minimal amount of holds. The granite has a pretty large grain compared to Area A at Evans. It reminds me of Taylor Canyon outside of Gunnison, so even though it can be a bit sharp and sometimes chossy, there is a nostalgia component for me and I love the climbing style.

The other cool thing about Lincoln is the high concentration of hard boulders. I love going out there and getting thoroughly shut down. Right now I am getting destroyed by The Great War For Civilization, a really powerful compression climb with a bunch of slopers for the right hand. Definitely not my style at all. I'm not sure if I'll be able to pull it off this season, but if I do it will be a big step up in my pursuit of being well-rounded.

Here is a video of some sends I was able to film:

https://vimeo.com/103625215

No comments:

Post a Comment