Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I Got A Day Off!

I got the day off on Saturday so Larissa (a newly hired ET Golden coach) and I drove to Fort Collins to meet my good friend Caleb and do some bouldering at Horsetooth Reservoir. Arrived around 2pm so we went to the Scoop Area and got straight to work on Doxology (V12). I sent it, which was nice. Caleb got all the moves, and Larissa came up with some awesome short person beta. We all three sent the classic Scoop (V5) and I also did a finicky arete called Retard Sandwich (V8). It was starting to get dark so we went to Rotary real quick to see if we couldn't scoop up a few more classics before the day was over. After re-warming up on a sweet V3, I knocked out the Moon Arete (V10) real quick, and then almost sent the sit (V12), but by then it was fully dark.

Retard Sandwich

Larissa with the short beta on Doxology

I climbed up this boulder. 

Caleb winding up for the throw on Doxology


Now I'm back to setting my brains out, unloading trucks, and other such gym construction nonsense. It is exhausting, but I am psyched for my next day off! Whenever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment